Monday, January 8, 2007

Three good ones...

Running Scared - four stars
Fantastic action movie. Things started off with a nice flash-forward, and the movie hits the ground running. Paul Walker, whom I've never heard of really, is terrific, and any Chazz Palminteri sighting is a good one. Great plot, ok finish, and just one of the better action movies I've ever seen.

Open Season - three stars
Funny movie. Ashton Kutcher and Martin Lawrence are funny, and there's an appearance by the made-for-animated-movies-guy Patrick Warburton. It wasn't Shrek or Toy Story, but at the local $1.50 theater, almost anything is worth going to see, and my daughter and I laughed our butts off a few times.

The Illusionist - three and a half stars
Ed Norton, Paul Giamatti, Rufus Sewell, and Jessica Biel are very good in this movie, and the plot is a good one. This was a solid drama though not heavy, and something I'd let my kids watch. Norton plays a magician-type in Early Vienna (years not given), and while I had no intention of going out of my way to grab this at the video store, people told me it was great, and I found it...good.

No comments: