Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Just saw three...(Not Saw III)

Barnyard - two and a half stars
It was very....eh. My daughter liked it, but I just couldn't get into it. Kevin James is funny though, and for the kids, its probably a good one. I enjoyed Open Season more.

Benchwarmers - three stars
Silly, lowbrow, crude, and stupid humor. Watched it with my son, who could not stop laughing. Rob Schneider, David Spade, Napolean Dynamite, and Jon Lovitz were all pretty funny, and there were some really funny moments. Definitely not a critics movie, but funny.

The Protector (Tom Yum Goong) - three and a half stars
I don't really know what Quentin Tarentino has to do with this movie, as his name is in the commercials for it and on the box. The story build-up is interesting and flows, and the fight scenes are terrific. Tony Jaa is very good, and there are about 100 times more bones broken in this movie than all of Steven Seagal's movies combined. Very enjoyable movie.

No comments: